Room / Office:
+90 212 359 7360
+90 212 287 2456
- Ph.D. 1998. Mechanical Engineering, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey
- M.S. 1992. Mechanical Engineering, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey
- B.S. 1990. Mechanical Engineering, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2017-to date Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Bogaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2011-2017 Assoc. Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Bogaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2004-2011 Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Bogaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2002-2004 Research Associate, Department of Aerospace Engineering, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
- 2001-2002 Research Associate, Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, University of West England, Bristol, UK
- 1999-2001 Fatigue and Durability Testing Specialist, Product Development Department, Ford Otosan, Istanbul, Turkey
- 1999- 2000 Part Time Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
- 1990- 1999 Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering Department, Bogaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1995- 1995 Visiting Researcher, Center for Composite Materials, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware USA.
- ME 501 Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- ME 523 Engineering Design
- ME 618 Mechanical Properties of Materials
- ME 446 Applied Solid Mechanics
- ME 324 Machine Design I
- ME 424 Machine Design II
- Additive Manufacturing
- Crashing Behaviour of Composite Structures
- Wind Energy Applications, design, analysis and manufacturing of composite wind turbine blades
- Manufacturing and mechanical properties of nanocomposites, filled and reinforced engineering plastics and rubber.
- Characterization of plastic materials (cure kinetics and crystallization using DSC, DTMA) for process modeling.
- Processing of advanced fiber reinforced composites and nanocomposites
- Modeling and Measurement of Residual Stresses
- Finite element modeling of thermoplastic and thermoset composites processing including heat transfer, crystallization/curing, material response, shrinkage, residual stress development and warpage
- Fatigue and fracture of metallic materials
- Elastic-plastic modeling of cyclic loading in metals.
- Road simulation testing of automotive components and substructures
- Yuksel, O; Sandberg, M; Baran, I; Ersoy, N; Hattel, JH; Akkerman, R., "Material characterization of a pultrusion specific and highly reactive polyurethane resin system: Elastic modulus, rheology, and reaction kinetics", Composites Part B-Engineering, 207, 2021, doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2020.108543
- Oz, FE; Calik, E; Ersoy, N., "Finite element analysis and acoustic emission monitoring of progressive failure of corrugated core composite structures", Composite Structures, 253, 2020, doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2020.112775
- Cinar K, Guven I, Ersoy N., "Effect of residual stress on the bending response of L-shaped composite laminates", Composite Structures, 112425, 2020
- Oz FE, Mehdikhani M, Ersoy N, Lomov SV., "In-situ imaging of inter-and intra-laminar damage in open-hole tension tests of carbon fibre-reinforced composites", Composite Structures, 112302, 2020
- Yuksel O, Baran I, Ersoy N, Akkerman R., "Investigation of transverse residual stresses in a thick pultruded composite using digital image correlation with hole drilling", Composite structures, 223:110954, 2019
- Oz FE, Ahmadvashaghbash S, Ersoy N., "Damage mode identification in transverse crack tension specimens using acoustic emission and correlation with finite element progressive damage model", Composites Part B: Engineering, 165:84-95, 2019
- Sengor M, Ozgun A, Corapcioglu G, Ipekoglu M, Garipcan B, Ersoy N, Altintas S., "Core–shell PVA/gelatin nanofibrous scaffolds using co‐solvent, aqueous electrospinning: Toward a green approach", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 135(32):46582, 2018
- Oz FE, Ersoy N, Mehdikhani M, Lomov SV., "Multi-instrument in-situ damage monitoring in quasi-isotropic CFRP laminates under tension", Composite Structures, 196:163-80, 2018
- Uzal A, Sonmez FO, Oz FE, Cinar K, Ersoy N., "A composite sandwich plate with a novel core design", Composite Structures, 193:198-211, 2018
- Fatih E. Oz, Nuri Ersoy, Stepan V. Lomov, "Do high frequency acoustic emission events always represent fibre failure in CFRP laminates?", Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 103:230-235, 2017
- Kenan Çınar and Nuri Ersoy, "3D finite element model for predicting manufacturing distortions of composite parts", Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 50 (27), pp. 3791-3807, NOV 2016
- Murat Koc, Fazil O. Sonmez, Nuri Ersoy, and Kenan Cinar, "Failure behavior of composite laminates under four-point bending", Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 50 (26), pp. 3679-3697, NOV 2016
- Umud Esat Ozturk, Lutfi Ucar, Kaveh Shahidi, Nuri Ersoy, Onur Zobi, Umit Bagdat, Rıfat Yanarocak, and Serkan Elmali, "Custom Design Multi-Axial Engine Mount Load-Cell Development for Road Load Identification and Fatigue Life Estimation", SAE International Journal of Materials and Manufacturing, vol. 9 (3), pp. 642-648, AUG 2016
- Kenan Çınar, Nuri Ersoy, “"Effect of fibre wrinkling to the spring-in behaviour of L-shaped composite materials", Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, vol. 69, pp. 105-114, FEB 2015
- Kenan Çınar, Umud Esat Öztürk, Nuri Ersoy, and Michael R. Wisnom, "Modelling manufacturing deformations in corner sections made of composite materials", Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 48 (7), pp. 799-813, MAR 2014
- Nuri Ersoy, Tomasz Garstka, Kevin Potter, Michael R. Wisnom, David Porter, Martin Clegg, Graeme Stringer, "Development of the properties of a carbon fibre reinforced thermosetting composite through cure", Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, vol. 41(3), pp 401-409, 2010.
- Nuri Ersoy, Tomasz Garstka, Kevin Potter, Michael R. Wisnom, David Porter, Graeme Stringer, "Modelling of the spring-in phenomenon in curved parts made of a thermosetting composite", Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, vol. 41(3), pp 410-418, 2010.
- Ersoy, N., ; Tugutlu, M., "Cure kinetics modeling and cure shrinkage behavior of a thermosetting composite". Polymer Engineering and Science, 50(1), 84-92, 2010
- Cuneyt Bagcioglu, Esra Altuntas, Sinan Sen, M Bora Islier, Osman G Ersoy, Nuri Ersoy, Turgut Nugay, and Nihan Nugay, "Exfoliation targeted toughness enhancement in polypropylene-blend-montmorillonite nanocomposites," Polymer International, 57:1395–1403 (2008)
- Garstka, T; Ersoy, N; Potter, KD, et al., "In situ measurements of through-the-thickness strains during processing of AS4/8552 composite," Composites Part A-Applied Science And Manufacturing , 38:: 2517-2526 (2007)
- Michael R. Wisnom, Kevin D. Potter, and Nuri Ersoy, "Shear-Lag Analysis of the Effect of Thickness on Spring-in of Curved Composites," Journal of Composite Materials, 41 (11): 1311-1324 (2007)
- M. R. Wisnom, M. Gigliotti, N. Ersoy, M. Campbell and K. D. Potter, "Mechanisms Generating Residual Stresses and Distortion during Manufacture of Polymer Matrix Components," Composites Part A-Applied Science And Manufacturing , 37: 522–529 (2006)
- Ersoy N, Potter K, Wisnom MR, et al. Development of spring-in angle during cure of a thermosetting composite Composites Part A-Applied Science And Manufacturing 36 (12): 1700-1706 2005
- Ersoy N, Potter K, Wisnom MR, et al. An experimental method to study the frictional processes during composites manufacturing Composites Part A-Applied Science And Manufacturing 36 (11): 1536-1544 2005